MIDDLETOWN, NJ - The Middletown Police Department Traffic Safety Bureau will offer Children Safety Seat Checkpoints this Summer beginning Friday, July 1 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Police Headquarters, 1 Kings Highway. Police officers trained as child passenger safety technicians will be available to assist motorists with proper child safety seat installation as well as proper positioning and harnessing of a child. Free and open to the public. No appointment necessary. In the event of severe weather, rain dates will be announced. The program is funded through a grant from the state Division of Highway Traffic Safety. Call 732-615-2045 for more information. Additional checkpoints will be held on:
- ·Friday, July 15 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.,
- ·Saturday, July 30 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.,
- ·Wednesday, August 17 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- ·Saturday, August 20 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.,
- ·Friday, September 2 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 16 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.