MIDDLETOWN. NJ – Improvements along 20 stretches of township road are slated to begin over the next few months. The scheduled improvement projects include:
- ·Pine Street from Swimming River Road to Hickory Lane (Lincroft)
- ·Viburnum Terrace and Boxwood Terrace (Shady Oaks – Lincroft)
- ·Cooper Road from Browns Dock Road to Bowne Road (Navesink)
- ·Kings Highway East from Windy Hill to Portland Road
- ·Various Road Improvements: Sections of Browns Dock Road, Red Hill Road, East Road, Marlpit Place, Twin Brooks Avenue and West Nut Swamp Road
- ·Drainage Improvements: Van Kirk Avenue, Garfield Avenue, Fairfield Avenue, Summit Avenue, Farview Avenue, and Reta Drive.
Funding for the projects was approved by the Township Committee at the regular April meeting. Road improvement projects can include milling, paving, drainage work and curbing. Projects are selected based on need as well as recommendations from the Township Public Works Director, who also serves as Township Engineer, and Roads Division Supervisors, said Township Administrator Anthony Mercantante.